Recent Commercial Posts
Why You Should Hire Restoration Specialists: Part 2
In part one, we covered several benefits of hiring restoration specialists to handle your water loss. These include the health and safety risks, efficiency, and potential for mold growth after a water loss. There are three more reasons why it’s in every owner’s best interest to use professionals when your property is damaged in a water loss:
- SERVPRO® of Moore is a leader in water cleanup and restoration. As a premier restoration company, we help to ensure your damage is mitigated according to industry standards. Our IICRC certified professionals will survey, inspect and assess the full scope of damage to not only mitigate but expose potential future damage as well. This wholistic approach ensures that your home is safe and sound so it’s “Like it never even happened.”
- Our technicians have access to professional equipment and the knowledge to use it. From special heaters to dehumidifiers to moisture meters, we will help to ensure that the job is done to industry specific standards. SERVPRO® of Moore is made up of a proven system of professionals and professional grade equipment that enables us to return your property to preloss condition in most cases.
- Finally, when we set up a containment area, we have already removed damaged materials and assessed which materials are salvageable. At SERVPRO® we work to restore rather than replace, whenever possible. This is not only better for the environment, but we know your property is both valuable and sentimental. And when your property is functional, you can get back to your daily routines and important business. Our teams are efficient, professional, and committed to quality.
Our knowledge, experience, tools, and techniques are why we are a leader in both residential and commercial water restoration. In times of chaos, SERVPRO® of Moore will expertly and quickly restore order and function to your property.
Maintenance Tips for Commercial Buildings
No matter the scale of the commercial job, SERVPRO® of Moore is prepared and available, 24/7
Whether you own a commercial building or manage many commercial buildings, they present unique challenges when something goes wrong. Proper maintenance can prevent little problems from becoming large-scale problems. If they do, SERVPRO® of Moore is ready help make it “Like it never even happened.” And while we are available 24/7 for your repair and restoration needs, we’ve compiled three tips from professionals across the industry that can prevent your commercial building structure from incurring a major loss:
- Maintain your roofing structure. Fixing leaks as soon as they arise instead of putting them off to deal with later will significantly decrease your chances for a major water loss. Whether the issue is minor or major may only be detectable by professionals. Either way, it’s imperative to address the problem sooner rather than later.
- Regularly check your fire control system. Whether it’s a communication line in your system that has gone down or fire suppression sprinklers aren’t working, your fire control system should be checked regularly to make sure it’s functioning properly. Responsible action and routine maintenance check can prevent significant fire damage to your building structure.
- Schedule regular HVAC maintenance. Commercial HVAC systems differ significantly from home HVAC systems. Which means they are significantly more complicated and usually require professional assistance. Proper planning and scheduling routine professional exams will allow parts to be replaced when needed, as well as checking for any major faults.
As you can see, the old adage ‘an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure’ definitely applies to your commercial building structures. However, even with regularly scheduled maintenance and quick action on the part of the building manager, things can go awry. SERVPRO® of Moore has professionals that will answer your call immediately and begin taking actions to limit the damage. Our trustworthy and confident staff will develop a plan, move quickly, and execute flawlessly. We are a leader in the restoration industry, and our professionals are faster to any size disaster.
The Ins-and-Outs of Commercial Restoration
Water leaks spring from many sources including this warehouse
There’s never really a “good time” for a commercial restoration project. Often they come out of necessity, without any warning, bringing your business to a screeching halt. With that in mind, we work fast - without sacrificing quality or thoroughness - to get your business back up and running after sustaining water or fire damage.
Commercial Water Damage Restoration
Commercial water restoration can present unique challenges, but it’s nothing we haven’t already conquered before. Our on-site team is comprised of Water Damage Restoration Technicians, Applied Structural Drying Technicians, Odor Control Technicians, and Upholstery and Fabric Cleaning Technicians, and each plays a key role in our process.
These technicians are expertly trained and equipped with top-of-the-line equipment to limit water damage and jumpstart the restoration process.
Learn more about SERVPRO Professional Franchise Training and Certifications.
Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Like with water damage, our fire damage restoration process involves a highly skilled team of expert technicians, armed with top equipment and unmatched training. The team includes Fire and Smoke Restoration Technicians, Odor Control Technicians, Upholstery and Fabric Cleaning Technicians, and even Water Damage Restoration Technicians to restore any damage caused by putting out the initial fire at your commercial property.
And, whether it’s a fire or water damage restoration project when all is said and done we will not only keep our “Like it never even happened,” promise, but we can affirm that your commercial property is SERVPRO Certified clean, leaving no doubt around the cleanliness and safety of your property.
Disaster Recovery Team
It’s important to act fast when a natural disaster strikes your commercial property, and that’s why we have strategically placed storm teams who are on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. They’ve dealt with damage from tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, blizzards; you name it, they’ve seen it before, and no job is too large for our teams.
And beyond commercial restoration, in the event of a storm or natural disaster, our SERVPRO Large Loss Division will come to your rescue. We know damaged equipment or products can not only cost you money but cost you time in re-opening your business, which is why we ensure every large loss is overseen by a Commercial Operations Manager. This person a seamless communication in replacing damaged equipment or goods.
Learn more about our Disaster Recovery Team.
Commercial Fire Restoration-What to Expect
This residential home suffered a fire loss that we mitigated and restored
After a fire at your business you have a long list of tasks ahead of you. Once the fire trucks leave, you are left with fire damage as well as smoke and water damage. You might be wondering exactly where to begin. It's a good idea to consider hiring a restoration company to handle everything from start to finish.
Why Should I Hire a Restoration Company?
A professional mitigation company specializes in disaster assessment, cleanup, and restoration. Technicians can begin the process from the moment you make a call, any time of day or night. They will go through the steps that will get your building back to the way it was before the fire. They can take care of:
- Inspecting and assessing the damage
- Boarding up and tarping the roof
- Removing and drying the water
- Removing smoke and soot
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Building restoration
What Is the Restoration Process?
First, technicians will visit your property to assess the fire damage. The fire area will be inspected along with adjoining areas to check the extent of repair needed. To maintain security, professionals will board up compromised windows or doors and cover the roof with a tarp to prevent further water or storm damage. Water removal will begin right away. Technicians will clean walls, carpet, window treatments and items of smoke and soot. Throughout the process, the company will provide your insurance adjuster with documentation.
Once your building is clean and sanitized, restoration can begin. Professionals will make smaller repairs where needed, such as installing drywall, laying new carpet or repainting surfaces. They will clean your belongings and restore items whenever possible rather than replacing them. Fire mitigation for areas with major damage may include rebuilding. Professionals can reconstruct rooms where needed.
Trusting a professional restoration company can help you through the process of repairing fire damage and ease the burden on you. At SERVPRO® of Moore we are here to help.
Why You Should Board Up Your Building
Commercial fires present unique challenges such as the loose wiring, water and smoke damage
Owning a commercial property requires a high level of care and consideration. Aside from routine maintenance and upkeep, you also have to decide what to do when unexpected events do occur. SERVPRO® of Moore offers board up services, which can be an essential for properties in our geographic area considering how prone it is to strong winds and thunderstorms. Read on to learn benefits that come along with boarding up your commercial property.
Protect your property from the elements. Windows are the most vulnerable part of your property. Even if you only have damage to one window, it is important to board up this window to prevent further damage. This broken window could serve as an entry point for water and cause damage to the inside of your building. This will leave you more problems to deal with than you had initially, and will create a bigger hassle for you.
Protect your property from vandals and thieves. Broken windows may be an entry point for more than just water or dirt-thieves and vandals often see broken windows as an easy access point. Boarding up your windows protects your assets. If an intruder did enter your building and sustained an injury, you could be liable. Boarding up also protects you from this potential risk.
Maintain your insurance coverage. Many insurance providers require you to board up your property after damage to ensure that more damage is not done. If you do not comply with this part of your insurance policy, you may lose coverage, which will create a whole other set of problems for you, especially if your property is already damage.
Contact SERVPRO® of Moore for any board up services that you may require. Whatever your commercial property needs, SERVPRO of Moore is here to help!